Arkansas Transfer Car Title

Do you need to transfer your car title in Arkansas? If a IL car title is currently in your name, but should be amended, learn more about the process and get started by following the steps below.

Sponsored Link Ad

1: Get Started with Online Application Assistance

Application assistance services can simplify the process for many OMV related services for a fee, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. In addition to assistance in preparing official forms, the value added services and products you will receive include a comprehensive Easy Guide™ containing information relevant to your service needs; 30 days of both emergency Roadside Assistance and the Repair Assist consultation service from Road America;. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips, trends, legislative updates and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.

2: By mail

Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the OMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local OMV.

3: Via a OMV office

If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local OMV office. Varying OMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the OMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your OMV allows you to make a personal appointment.

Arkansas Car Title Transfers

You may need to transfer your car title if you buy or sell a vehicle, pay off your car loan, transfer ownership to another member of your family, make name changes on your title, gift, donate or inherit a vehicle. This process keeps the Arkansas Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) up to date with any vehicle ownership changes. For new and used vehicles, you must apply for title and registration within 30 days of the date of transfer or within 30 calendar days of the date which a prior lien has been released (whichever date is later). You may do the process online, by mail or in person.

For a Notice of Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle, visit:

For an Official Release of Lien or Permission to Issue a Replacement Title form, visit:

For the Bill of Sale/Odometer Disclosure Statement, visit:

For the Vehicle Registration Application, visit: