Arkansas Salvage Title

In the state of Arkansas, insurance companies have the authority to declare a vehicle a total loss if your automobile is in an accident. If your insurance claims the total loss or the word salvage has been stamped on the title, it is illegal to operate your vehicle on any road in Arkansas. What this means is that your original registration on your vehicle has been cancelled, and you'll need to remove your plates off your automobile.

If the vehicle is restored, it has to be inspected before a Rebuilt Title will be issued. A rebuilt vehicle with a AR Salvage Rebuilt Title can be driven on the highways. Please note that your vehicle can't be re-titled until it passes a Salvage Inspection.

Sponsored Link Ad

1: Get Started with Online Application Assistance

Application assistance services can simplify the process for many OMV related services for a fee, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. In addition to assistance in preparing official forms, the value added services and products you will receive include a comprehensive Easy Guide™ containing information relevant to your service needs; 30 days of both emergency Roadside Assistance and the Repair Assist consultation service from Road America;. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips, trends, legislative updates and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.

2: By mail

Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the OMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local OMV.

3: Via a OMV office

If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local OMV office. Varying OMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the OMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your OMV allows you to make a personal appointment.

To learn more about Arkansas Salvage Titles, read below:

Apply for a Arkansas Salvage Vehicle Title

To apply for a title on a salvaged car in Arkansas, you'll need to go to your local AR Department of Motor Vehicles (OMV) office location. Along with your AR Application for New Non-Salvaged Title you'll have to have the vehicle's original certificate of title, the manufacturer's certificate of origin or out-of-state title, your receipt of sale, and also have your driver's license handy. The state of AR requires you to apply for a Non-Salvaged Vehicle Title from the OMV if the vehicle is legally declared a total loss from your insurance company.

Rebuilt Salvage Title

There isn't a specific Rebuilt AR Salvage Title. In order to get a new AR title on your salvaged vehicle, you will have to complete a Salvage Vehicle Repair Report. Once you fill out the form and your vehicle passes inspection making your car roadworthy, you can then apply for a new NM Vehicle Title. As an owner of the vehicle you will have to fill out the form, and then file it with your local AR OMV branch. To view or download the application, click here.

Title an Abandoned Vehicle in Arkansas

An abandoned vehicle title in Arkansas can be claimed by anyone, as long as the owner does not come forward to claim it. To claim an abandoned vehicle, and title it in Arkansas, you'll have to first report the abandoned vehicle to local Arkansas law authorities, then fill out an abandoned vehicle report.

Your next step it to publish a notice in the newspaper that you found an abandoned vehicle, and its location (make sure to ask for a publication certificate). This is done to give the prior owner a chance to claim the vehicle. Then fill out a AR Application for Title and/or Registration form and mail that along with the publication certificate. You will receive a new title and registration from the OMV through the mail.