Replace Registration in Arkansas

If your Arkansas car registration has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you'll need to get it replaced immediately. We offer links to resources that will save you time and get you going in the right direction. Select from the options below to get started.

Sponsored Link Ad

1: Get Started with Online Application Assistance

Application assistance services can simplify the process for many OMV related services for a fee, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. In addition to assistance in preparing official forms, the value added services and products you will receive include a comprehensive Easy Guide™ containing information relevant to your service needs; 30 days of both emergency Roadside Assistance and the Repair Assist consultation service from Road America;. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips, trends, legislative updates and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.

2: By mail

Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the OMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local OMV.

3: Via a OMV office

If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local OMV office. Varying OMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the OMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your OMV allows you to make a personal appointment.

Replacing Your Arkansas Car Registration

Lost your Arkansas car registration? You can apply for a duplicate registration (for a fee of $20) in person at any OMV office or by mail. 

Arkansas allows most people to apply for a duplicate registration by mail. First send a written request for a duplicate registration. Make sure to include $20 fee in the form of a check or money order made out to the Arkansas Department of Motor Vehicles. Mail the letter and payment to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
Customized Services Division – Duplicate Registrations
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161

If you prefer, you can head into your local OMV office to apply for a duplicate registration certificate. Click here for a list of all OMV offices in the state of Arkansas. You will only need your license plate number to get a duplicate registration.