Change of Name on Arkansas Car Registration

Have you recently gotten married, divorced, or had to change your legal name? The Arkansas OMV recommends that you change the name on your IL car registration as soon as possible. Select from the options below to get started.

Sponsored Link Ad

1: Get Started with Online Application Assistance

Application assistance services can simplify the process for many OMV related services for a fee, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. In addition to assistance in preparing official forms, the value added services and products you will receive include a comprehensive Easy Guide™ containing information relevant to your service needs; 30 days of both emergency Roadside Assistance and the Repair Assist consultation service from Road America;. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips, trends, legislative updates and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.

2: By mail

Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the OMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local OMV.

3: Via a OMV office

If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local OMV office. Varying OMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the OMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your OMV allows you to make a personal appointment.

Name Change On Arkansas Car Registration

According to the law in Arkansas, an adult who wishes for good cause shown to change their name by court order, must file his/her Petition for Change of Name with the Chancery or Circuit Court in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides. The Petition should include personal information as well as the name the Petitioner wishes to adopt and the reasons for the request for change of name. You may want to change your name because you are getting married or you may have just decided to modify your name. If you have changed your name, remember you must also update all identification documents including your driver's license. You will need to order a copy or duplicate of your Arkansas driver's license. The cost of a duplicate license with a name change is $10.00.

You will need to bring the following to your local motor vehicle office: current driver's license, either a marriage license or divorce decree (specifically stating you may change your name) and court order for a name change.

For the Arkansas Written Notification of Name Change Only form, visit:

For more information regarding your name change on your driver's license, visit:'s.aspx#c.